We always have a lot of eggs in my house, so every once in a while I like to hard boil some and save them for lunch or make some egg salad. In this post, I will simply show you the easiest way to hard boil eggs, and how to make a delicious egg salad afterwards.
How To Hard Boil Eggs:
1. Place your eggs at the bottom of a pot in a single layer.
2. Fill the pot (over the eggs) with enough water to cover the eggs by 1 inch.
5. Let sit with heat off and covered for 15 minutes. Do not take the cover off before the 15 minutes is up because that will allow the heat to escape.
6. After 15 minutes, transfer eggs to an ice bath to quickly cool them after cooking. (Add ice to cold water in a separate bowl).
7. Refridgerate until ready to eat, eat immediately, or make some egg salad!
Egg Salad Recipe:
4 Hard Boiled Eggs, peeled and diced
2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
1/2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
4 scallions, diced
1 stick celery, diced
In a bowl, mix together mayo, mustard, scallions, celery, salt, and pepper.
Add diced eggs.
Taste test, and add more salt and pepper to your liking.
Garnish with extra diced scallions.